PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero/vk/arik Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 03:49
NaijaNinja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Response to the last two postings by alghaita ganga

Naija Ninja is not a betting man either but Ninja hopes the good guys last long and not die young like one of my lyrical heroes said. I am just not a fan of hearsay especially when serious accusations and defamation of individuals are involved. In those cases, I would rather deal with facts (such as authentic EFCC documents) and not hearsay even from the Press.

AERO has been and will always be the benchmark for Nigerian Aviation, an airline with a rich long history that has no match in Nigeria. To list Virgin Nigeria and Bellview alongside AERO is somewhat disrespectful to AERO, me thinks! But I do get your point!

I concur, its a shame they don't operate beyond the African shores, their livery would have been appreciated worldwide.

Having digested the EFCC document and without verifying its authenticity or the source of the document, all I have to say to those allegations is: Nigeria is a democratically governed nation, there's a rule of law, arrest the culprits (if they haven't already escaped in women's clothing!), charge them, give them the right to defend themselves in a court of law, let the justice system do its job, if found guilty, punish them according to the law.

Finally, for our (Aviators') sakes, transfer ownership of Arik Air to the Rivers State Government. Will that shut up the mouths of those making all these noises? I hope so!

Fine the money would have been best spent taking care of problems in River State, so an alternative solution like I already suggested in one of my previous posts is for the Federal Government to buy Arik off Rivers State Government and then make it a PLC, issue share options and make it a company owned by Nigerians!

Now, that's what I'm talking about!