PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 03:01
marciovp
I support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exchanging ideas...not sure of anything...searching.

As said earlier and many times, that warning was not accepted by both the regulatory instances and the airlines' ops safety people.
I have not seen it or heard it. It was not deemed - by people who make flight safety a living - as more confusing that the earlier annunciation.
Stop trying to defend the B/S about "as many softwares as number of airplanes "
Well Lemurian this shows that AB was trying to fix something, no? If this was not accepted or adopted (TAM said that is installing it in all its planes) did AB thought about another way to help the pilots?... Or just will wait for the next disaster?

As far as I can see, only two of them have gained your support...and I haven't seen you on the HKT forum in which the pilots have been -are still being - savagely torn apart ... Is that a sign of a crusade for *DEFEND THE PILOTS* or have you got another agenda ?
Where is the HKT forum Lemurian? So far, perhaps because I am Brazilian, I am following this thread and the Gol X Legacy one. No I am not in a cruzade but if you want to know I believe that I identify with pilots rather than with airlines or airplane makers. No other agenda, believe me. I already revealed to the group who I am and what I do. And I said that I love aviation, let me add and... the truth. Let me say too that I am not sure about the truth in this TAM disaster...but I am seeking.

Cite one pilot on this site ! and . yes, *wild* is the right word.
Having flown 6500 hrs + on the 320 family, being a management captain with access to flight safety, being involved with accident reports, having ratings which cover 737,741, 2, 3 and 4, plus Tristars and a number of others, having test flown 757,767 and MD-81, I can say that the airplane is about the safest I've flown, with the most accurate handling, the smoothest flight controls and auto pilot. I just wish other manufacturers would copy some of its features. Note that I don't say, like the pilots who manage the Airbus Driver site :"Resistance is futile..."
As a final note : That crew lost it in CGH because they didn't have the right picture of the conditions (weather, runway state, landing performance, SOPs) which they carried along since the flight preparation at Porto Alegre.
The rest is a matter of training, fleet discipline, CRM and technical knowledge.
All I can tell you Lemurian, with the due respect, is that if I was flying A320 I would be afraid to admit that someday I could be a victim of a failure on its computers. It would be reassuring to me to believe that there is nothing wronmg with the plane... This is just human.
Now let me say that you are 1000 times or more better qualified to say anything about the A320 (or other big planes) than I am and, believe me I am thankful that you are spending anytime with an ex-Cherokee guy, I pay a lot of attention and I respect what you say. But, sorry if, on the other hand I do think, and I read (just read Boeing X Airbus) and I am trying to understand. Are you Lemurian 100% sure that it is impossible to have a malfunction in the A320 that complicated the performance of those pilots? My God, if I give a conflicting order to my computer...it will let me know this instantly by beeping, becoming blue, etc. In the A32o there was one motor in full reverse, the pilot trying desperatelly to brake the plan and on motor pulling forward as if it wanted to fly. And...silence... no warning... Are you sure Lemurian that this is totally OK? Before ending I do agree with you about the conditions of the flight since Porto Alegre that may have much to do with what happéned. I have mentioned them. With respect for your experience and expertise.