PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Video footage of TAP A310 in extreme low flying turn at airshow
Old 20th Sep 2007, 23:26
3Ten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I'm no longer concerned with the TAP pilots actions. I'm concerned with the attitude off some professional pilots in this thread.

This Pilot’s actions were:

1-Premeditated negligence
2-Dangerous
3-Irresponsible
When a pilot writes such words, I guess he's:

1. Asking for the head of a fellow pilot, for some inexplicable reason, that goes against the rising culture in aviation, wich is called "just culture" (you can read Aero Safety World, July 07 for more info). This means that pilots are held responsible for their actions, but will be treated fairly, and will be punished if premeditated. Nobody in this forum is in condition of assessing wether the discussed actions were premeditated. Air safety issues investigation is a serious and very important activity, and is usualy conducted in a way very different from this blood thirsty attitude. Probably, these guys have been smacked a bit, either in the sim, in the cockpit, or in life, and are looking for a bit of revenge. OR;

2. These guys realy believe in those ideas, and thats worse, because nobody thinks of himself as a Premeditated Negligent, Dangerous or Irresponsible, and this means that they must realy believe that those things can't possibly happen to them. OR;

3. They are realy good, and if that's the case, from now on I'll try to be like them. But remember that a KLM's chief pilot took off without clearence at Los Rodeos, and unfortunately didn't have the chance to get the sack. He also wasn't good enough. I'm not making excuses for the TAP guy, I think I made my position very clear that I didn't like what I saw. I'm just wondering why the hell such unrelyable pilots have been appointed for those jobs, when one can easilly find a fair number or genial pilots in this forum.

This topic is making me sick, so long!