PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL (H) Continue or not
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 22:47
rattle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A fascinating, polite thread. As a PPL(H) with family, I have had all the same thoughts at various times. Even during training, I "gave up" briefly after a near miss with a FW whilst joining the circuit. He certainly didn't see me.

Last weekend was a tragic accident. More so with the involvement of children. Tomorrow sees the funeral of a colleague and his daughter who were killed in a FW accident in Essex a couple of weekends ago. He had a CPL, but was taking a pleasure flight.

My wife is remarkably supportive of my continued flying time, and that the children should benefit. They love it, though are not yet at an age to consider it a risk in any shape or form. I cannot contemplate them continuing their lives without me. I guess if I say I cannot fly as often as I'd like, that says I still have a passion and desire for this hobby. But even when flying as a commercial passenger, if I am without the family, the thought that I may not return crosses my mind.

I hope to continue to enjoy safe flying, and be able to look back on a full log book with fond memories. And that you all will too.