PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 19:45
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marciovp
How come the TAM´s plane did not have the new software that would keep warning the pilots that the TL was on climb?...
As said earlier and many times, that warning was not accepted by both the regulatory instances and the airlines' ops safety people.
I have not seen it or heard it. It was not deemed - by people who make flight safety a living - as more confusing that the earlier annunciation.
Stop trying to defend the B/S about "as many softwares as number of airplanes "
You are right that I am defending the pilots, but not from TAM only, from everywhere, especially the ones that any longer can talk
As far as I can see, only two of them have gained your support...and I haven't seen you on the HKT forum in which the pilots have been -are still being - savagely torn apart ... Is that a sign of a crusade for *DEFEND THE PILOTS* or have you got another agenda ?
I am impressed how some pilots here who fly A320 are so adamant and “sure” that the A320 software could never go wrong. The only way I can understand this is based on some understandable fear that some day they themselves could be in such a predicament caused by the plane’s malfunction…Just a wild interpretation…
Cite one pilot on this site ! and . yes, *wild* is the right word.
Having flown 6500 hrs + on the 320 family, being a management captain with access to flight safety, being involved with accident reports, having ratings which cover 737,741, 2, 3 and 4, plus Tristars and a number of others, having test flown 757,767 and MD-81, I can say that the airplane is about the safest I've flown, with the most accurate handling, the smoothest flight controls and auto pilot. I just wish other manufacturers would copy some of its features. Note that I don't say, like the pilots who manage the Airbus Driver site :"Resistance is futile..."
As a final note : That crew lost it in CGH because they didn't have the right picture of the conditions (weather, runway state, landing performance, SOPs) which they carried along since the flight preparation at Porto Alegre.
The rest is a matter of training, fleet discipline, CRM and technical knowledge.