PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ravenair
Thread: Ravenair
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 17:26
maxdrypower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
didnt RVR put one into the barrier fence not many moons ago?
I trained at RVR for a ppl and found them a decent outfit although a lot of problems highlighted here exist . I almost found them to be too busy and the instructors seemed to be run off their feet a lot of the time . They also have the salford uni lot who arrive at the school en-masse and take a lot of time up.I wouldnt be surprised in the same way as commercial school seem to favour spnsored candidates that RVR favour the uni's . I however did not see evidence of this but this was when they very first started doing it .
I never had a problem with billing as it was done from the flight logs which I completed , so if there was an issue I would be the one to blame .
I would defend RVR as they did me a good service albeit a PPL service and I cannot comment on the CPL side although CP is a great bloke and im sure he would be missed .
Perhaps the mishaps listed above are more consistent with grassfield ops than those at a lovely tarmac'd runway airfield . The two PA28 engine probs aside, I dont hink that can be blamed on the training provider. Landing on a gras field , especially one as bump as bartons is bound to get some nosewheel casualties . Most people get protect the nosewheel drumbed into them at barton they certainly do in my group and as mos of RVR's training is LPL based that may account for it
but who knows