PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 17:02
HeathrowDictator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It still doesn't stop eejits thinking the "no waiting/no parking" signs and double yellow lines don't apply to them!!! You'd be amazed at the amount of cars/vans I see parked up at "Flagpole Corner" (Terminal left), presumably waiting to pick people up from their flights. I moved someone on today on my way home from work for being parked right in front of the new gates (where the bus was parked from when security was stepped up). The response? "I know it's no waiting, but I'm only here to pick someone up" !!!

I don't see Newcastle/Leeds/any other airport having the same problem whenever I've flown from there - probably because they don't physically allow Joe Public to get that close to the terminal unless they're in a pickup/dropoff car park.

If anyone reading this is thinking of using the old access road to pick people up/drop people off, please don't....it is an emergency vehicle access route amongst others, and I'm sure if your loved ones were on a stricken aircraft inbound, you wouldn't want the Fire Brigade held up by some &£$% blocking the access road.

<rant over>

-HD-