PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 11:03
carbheathot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘shock horror, passengers delayed for 5 minutes on Malaga flight’ garbage
It wasnt 5 minutes, it was 24 hours outbound and 6 hours inbound, and it was persistent over 4 weeks.How do I know? Cos I was one of the poor deluded muppets who supported our local airport on the flight
But back to the economics argument. Peel Holdings , as I have banged on about before, are a Property Development Company. They have an airport arm which is run by people whose primary interest is Property and whose secondary interest is Aviation. I would challenge any Peel employee or supporter who might have heard of this site to come on here and argue with me. Peel bought the airport from the local councils for a pittance and are now sitting on 300(?) acres of land with a number of planning consents which they are in the process of attempting to vary in order to build non aviation linked development.Thats fact and is in the public domain.
The Airports statistics, as reported to the CAA show a steady downturn in business and this cannot be helped by the dismal failure of GSM to provide a reliable service, and the ongoing BM saga with the Heathrow uncertainties.
Unless HL and his team can pull some big rabbits from the hat very soon, the future is bleak.