PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another VFR question
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 08:50
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly, if I thought the engine was going to quit on every flight I would buy a new aircraft. I am however trained and current to deal with the situation in the unlikely event that it should occur. My acceptance of risk around the type of terrain I am prepared to put down in may be different to others.

Warning: The following posts will contain a whole diatribe of how stupid we are (especially if not using a checklist), how engines can fail (along with a long list of AIB reports from around the world) there will be counter arguments about the number of hours flown in SEP against the number of engine failures. There will be comments attacking me personally for being a cowboy for flying an SEP under IFR (even worse for doing it in inhospitable terrain), there will be a post from our favourite desk jockey quoting some irrelevant bit of someone's ANO to justify why we are doing it wrong.

I have probably missed something......

But at the end of the day, we do this for fun, it's a challenge, it expands our envelope, richens our lives and has an element of risk to it. Thats why we do it.