PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 07:11
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have asked the 'seniors' already to split this thread into a 'tech' and pilot thread, but they have decided to leave it as is. I will ask again. I would prefer the tech/computer logic topics to move to the tech forum and to leave 'pilot' input here so we can clarify its direction. I'm afraid that all the talk of sampling rates-logic circuits/gates-programme designed-safety research papers etc, while vitally important, is making this thread very difficult to follow and to pick out the 'news'. If that can be done, then this thread will either remain 'live' or slip gently down the page until we have some investigative news.

Now I would like to pick up on 'marciovp' at post 2255 - my bolding:

I just came out of the simulator and in one of the failures we trained to reduce the TLs to land, but there is a malfuntion in the TLA(1) sensor and the computer believes that the pilot did not reduce the TLs and doesn´t warn you of nothing.
//
We trained this in the simulator and in this situation we have to cut the motor immediatelly, but there is no alarm or proper time to identify and react!!!
//
And worse yet the computer orders the motor to accelerate for TOGA(2). Cancels the spoilers and auto-brakes because it believes that the airplane is still flying even though we already landed and are trying to brake the plane. You look at the TL and it is there on Idle.

If true, this to me represents the most startling information for a long time. If true, it needs immediate investigation with the airline concerned and questions as to why it has not appeared in the safety system - or if it has, why it appears not to have been addressed. If not true then I respectfully suggest the seniors get out the red pen to avoid further distractions.

Anyone else with stories of 'known' similar A320 computer/system faults?