PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL (H) Continue or not
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 06:31
smtp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continue or not

Hi Whirls

Many thanks for your reply.

May I via this thread say many thanks to you and the others for giving me a bit of reassurance to continue with my flying. I find the replies very helpful and this makes me realise that perhaps I am not totally alone with my thoughts during this period of uncertainty. I really enjoy my flying and was very proud of myself to get the cross country completed, as I am sure you will all remember the day you reached this stage in your flying career. I am meeting with my CFI in a day or so to discuss my situation and I will now be a lot more focused on the positive before we talk things through.

In reply to a few points that was raised, yes I have taken my time with the flying 2 yrs +. This is simply due to lack of time, I run a very busy business that involves a lot of travelling and unfortunately has meant gaps in flying at some times in the past of 6-8 weeks at worst, so not ideal but I have made the most of my time available more recently flying 2- 3 times per week.

The Future

My aim has always been to change the 22 for a 44 Raven 2. I was planning to get my 44 rating as soon as licence issued and fly maybe 50 ish hours with the 22 then move on to the 44. It looks like if I continue with my flying I will be flying alone with no family members, but maybe/hopefully given time my family will gain more confidence and share this fantastic experience with me.

Again, many thanks to you all for the reassuring replies.

Cheers

SMTP