PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 06:25
bombinha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A captain from my company was deadheading here in USA in a northwest flight on A320 that had to go around for 3 times according to captain of the flight speach, the computers were not recognizing the airplane was landed so they went go around for several times till the computer finally got straight.
Not flame anything but those guys new the airplane doesn't have a manual override for spoilers so the most logical is going around. Anyone can land w/o reversers they are not even used to caculate landing distance but no spoilers means a very big hit on your landing performance normally if within 3 sec you don't have spoilers deployed you done. So Boeing is far superior on this matter with manual override in case of logical or computers failures.
Sao Paulo has some wierd storms sometimes I myself lost a engine on a F100 during aproach to CGH when we got a lightning strike. The FADEC shut down the engine after the strike burned the oil transmiter and FADEC lost the oil pressure signal. Also inhibited a possible relight do same reason. At the end we had to divert the flight to VCP. But even the F100 has manual override. Actually I got very surprise to hear the airbus is the only ariplane in the whole world that doesn't have this manual overide for spoilers. Very bad.
Just my couple cents