PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL (H) Continue or not
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 03:19
kiwi chick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might be the first to point this out... errrr, ummm, did you think about this BEFORE buiying your own helicopter?!

Just teasing!

I too experienced a tiny wee bit of "crapping myself" everytime I hopped in my faithful wee H269... enough to keep me alive which I think is healthy!

(having said that I'm a very, very low hour Helo pilot, Whirls and the like will be better qualified to answer this, as they have)

I also take my kids flying, both fixed and helo. I must admit there have been times when I've looked over at their little faces, and thought "geez - if I f k up or suddenly develop some pulmonory disease up here - that's it. There's nuthin they can do to save themselves."

But, as Whirls said:

There are more helicopter pilots alive than there are who have died flying. Have a read of the accident reports and learn from the mistakes; they are meant as lessons to us all.
I think as long as you remain sensible & levelheaded (when flying anyway!) then you will get years of pure, adrenalin filled fun!

Enjoy!

Last edited by kiwi chick; 20th Sep 2007 at 03:20. Reason: ooops spelling mistake...