PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ravenair
Thread: Ravenair
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2007, 23:36
matzpenetration

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to agree with the comments that have been made. I trained and then worked at Ravenair. Recently, I went back to do some flying and felt like I had stepped back in time. Nothing had changed. Phones not getting answered, crappy buildings, no-one manning the front desk, same old simulator (not working, of course), musty briefing rooms and no computer access for students. One thing doesn't change though, and that is the professional attitude and enthusiasm of the instructors.
The Directors of Ravenair will not spend money and invest because they refuse to acknowledge the opportunity that exists as it would take a long term plan to build a customer base, reputation and finally a profitable commercial training business. One individual in particular always viewed the school with utter contempt and did his best to discourage any investment. His approach was to always go for the fast buck and you cannot do that in flying training. Sadly, he now works there full time.
At this moment in time I would recommend that any potential CPL/IR students follow their gut instinct and toddle off to Multiflight, Wolverhampton or Bristol until someone puts a rocket under the dinosaurs at Ravenair.
I always thought that Cabair would have made a good candidate to buy out Ravenair but I guess it's just too far North. Any potential investors out there?

Last edited by matzpenetration; 20th Sep 2007 at 15:35.