PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are your rudest pax?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2007, 23:01
keiranlgw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

QUOTE "Just out of curiosity, can you explain why your culture should always take precedence over that of the people who pay your salary?"

At the end of the day it comes down to manners, I don't believe that any culture thinks it is acceptable to put hand up and click fingers to get attention!

If you’re flying on a UK plane then you should adapt to the UK crew. Just like if you’re on an internal flight in Spain on a Spanish airline we should have to respect Spanish culture.

I remember recently when I was working out of MXP doing an internal flight from MXP to PMO, a passenger asked me why I did not speak Italian, and I said that easyJet is an English airline therefore we speak English.

I fly all over Europe and have many different cultured people onboard and yes some of them do not say please or thank you and you get used to that, I don't think I would go as far as having a word with them, but I agree with 'Glamgirl' for speaking to that passenger.

At the end of the day it’s not all to do with culture; you can have someone English having a bad day who may not say please or thank you. There could be many many reasons why people act as they do, what we see and hear of them is the tip or a very large iceberg!