PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2007, 22:09
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marciovp
in one of the panes we trained to reduce the TLs to land, but there is a pane in the TLA(1) sensor and the computer believes that the pilot did not reduce the TLs and doesn´t warn you of nothing.
I presume that *pane* means *failure*.
If that is the case, You get a *Retard* warning.
in this situation we have to cut the motor immediatelly, but there is no alarm or proper time to identify and react!!!
Why, in this condition isn't an aborted landing more appropriate ?
And worse yet the computer orders the motor to accelerate for TOGA
Why ?
Cancel the spoilers and auto-brakes because it believes that the airplane is still flying even though we already landed and are trying to brake the plane. You look at the TL and it is there on Idle.
Are you sure that there is also an air/grnd issue ?
The whole sh... is that although you have all manual commands, if the so called fly-by-wire is in pane and is not warning you, you are fuc... out.
If the fbw fails, you'll get so many warnings your cockpit should lit like a Xmas tree. Degrading from Normal law to Alternate law, with a further protection at Abnormal Alternate Law, to DirectLaw, and to Manual Back-up, you'd have plenty of annunciations.
Was your friend trying to fly a rickshaw onto which he latched a siedestick?
And the VNAV(3) of this plane is the dummiest and retarded thing that I have seen in a plane all my life!!!
It's a damn sight better than the one on the 737 / 744...If you program it correctly, that if you're not too lazy to program it correctly.
But here there is that shut your mouth day (28) when the salary come in straight and fat...
Oh yes, a bit of dough and I'm ready to swallow anything, even a plane that could make soon a widow of my wife and orphans of my kids...
I have 650 hours in the plane and I am feeling an expert in computers, not an aviator
But we will go for full operation...
After 650 hours of training, it's about bloody time. Why not ? Any idiot can fly !