PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2007, 21:29
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marciovp
The post you copied (/) was so outrageous that the only thing I can say is that your friend -who is just going operational after 650 hours- must be dumber than the computer he flies.
In fact, such an a88swipe, considering his prejudice and lack of understanding is a danger to everyone he carries .
The Chinese must be desperate to find only amateurs/mercenaries of his ilk.
Rob21,
One interesting thing (of many) on the message marciovp posted is the pilot stating that there are so many different softwares installed on the Airbus, so all A320 are different.
I don't know about TAM or marcio's friend's employer but a software change, initiated by AI, finds its application in all the fleet within a period of one month, as each aircraft goes to its A or B checks.We have 150 planes.
As a matter of fact, the only two major changes -or differences - in the fleet are 1/-about the arrival of crystal screens instead of the CRTs and 2/-a modification in the braking system of the 318 which is now being introduced as well to the new entrants in the fleet. Sorry, I forget 3/- the fuel system of the 319LR.
I can imagine a fleet of 40 Aibuses A319 through A321, some are 25 years old, each one with it's own "software package" (TAM?) and the pilots figuring out which "package" his plane has for that flight...
First of all, the first 320 arrived in line operations in 1988, that's just 19 years ago.
Second,upon accepting a given aircraft for dispatch, we don't try and figure out anything : we consult the airplane tech briefing sheet in which all the particulars are described : equipment /MELed items ...etc...
"sound effect" of the impact of your post.
Like sh*t hitting the surface of a Chinese latrine.
that is not strange for an Airbus pilot to hear about computer misreading TLA. It is a training issue in the Sim, there is a procedure for TL malfunction.
Ask marcio's friend a copy of the FCOM on that particular procedure.

Sidstar,
The A320 has all sorts of flight envelope protections that will cut in regardless of pilot inputs, just to give a simple example. It does lots of things by itself - often despite the pilot's efforts.
Old (g)oats, isn't it , old friend ? Or old red herrings ?
but I ask you a question ? You refer to the OG plane in HKT. IF (big IF...)it was a microburst that brought that aircraft down, wouldn't they have been happy to have the 320 envelope protection ?
Just a question.