PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus to put employees out of jobs and contract their pilots
Old 11th Sep 2001, 03:01
Ontheairwaves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I DUNNO
why don't you engage your brain, the little bit you have between your ears before you try and say something....

Okay let me explain the deal....ALT says that under their current financial state they can no longer afford to pay their pilots and so they can't keep the company running...they don't want to go into long negotiations and risk the airline's pilots going on strike like say Comair or Eastern and then have the airline(in Easterns case) go to the wall.
They terminate the pilot contracts when they are due for renewal and then hire them back as via an employment company at wages they can afford to pay.....IF the pilots don't want to come back then they don't and others fill their places......then the airlines can do as they please.
This happens for ground personnel and pilots in alot of airlines in money diffculties or just cost cutting especially in the shadow of the Gulf War....so open your mind my small minded friend to the REAL world outside of that little island i call home and see what is very likely to happen once deregulation comes into effect in Europe and Mary and the government is no longer able to give ALT a dig out.......
What's your problem anyways you always have a smartass remark to make but you really don't think WHAT you are saying....ever heard the phrase "empty vessels make most noise"
perhaps you don't even remember who Eastern Airlines was......you must be one of those pimply snotty nosed kids who thinks they know it all....." a little bit of knowledge is dangerous".....imagine what you could really do if you had a brain!!!!!!!