PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does shift work as an ATCO affect family life?
Old 19th Sep 2007, 16:00
AlanD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, I want to show my appreciation for all the comments you have given so far. They have really given me a good insight in to how shift work might affect things. More so, they have given my wife a good bit of information to be comfortable with.

Even though I may not get through any of the stages of the selection process, I still need to consider everything carefully. It would be a career change for me, so I need to ensure that if I get it, it makes sense to go for it. I'm very excited at the prospects of it and the challenges it'll present.

This is slightly off-topic, but I'm just curious to know. If the aptitude test asks aviation questions, are they likely to be related to radar, or are the likely to be about who makes this plane and what does an aerodrome mean or might it be way more technical than that, like at what point during takeoff will an aircraft reach enough velocity that makes it impossible to abort the takeoff.

Thanks again folks.