Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brazilian pilot flying A320 in China

Subject: Sobre o Airbus
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 200702:36:12 -0500

Aea Galera,
Hi everyone

Como tá todo mundo...?
How are you?

Pois é pessoal, cada vez mais eu me convenço que esse tal de Airbus série 319, 20 e 21 não é um avião de confiança.
Well people, each time I get more convinced that these so called Airbus, series 319, 20 and 21 are not trustworthy planes.

Ai que saudades de voar um Boeing 737... Era o que tava no check-list e acabou!!!
Ah, how I miss flying a Boeing 737...It was what was in the check list and that was all!!!

O Airbus é cheio de pegadinhas que não diz em parte nenhuma dos manuais. Aquilo não é um avião, é um computador com asas!!!
The Airbus is full of tricks that you can´t find anywhere in the manuals. It is not airplane, it is a computer with wings.

Qualquer piloto de 737 pilota um outro 737 de qualquer outra Cia aérea do mundo, já essa bosta desse avião tem 900 mil softwares diferentes e cada avião é diferente do outro.
Any 737 pilot pilots another 737 from any airline in the world, but this sh... of a plane has 900 thousand different softwares and each plane is different from the other.

E esse caso agora da TAM que estão colocando a culpa nos pilotos?
And in this TAM case, are they placing the blame on the pilots?

Acabei de voltar do simulador e numa das panes que treinamos o cabocloreduz as manetes prá pousar, mas ocorre uma pane no sensor da TLA(1)e o Computador acha que o piloto não reduziu as manetes e não te avisa de nada.
I just came out of the simulator and in one of the failures we trained to reduce the TLs to land, but there is a malfuntion in the TLA(1) sensor and the computer believes that the pilot did not reduce the TLs and doesn´t warn you of nothing.

Treinamos isso no simulador e nesse caso tem que cortar imediatamente o motor, só que não tem nenhum alarme ou tempo hábil para identificar e reagir!!!
We trained this in the simulator and in this situation we have to cut the motor immediatelly, but there is no alarm or proper time to identify and react!!!

E o pior de tudo é que o computador manda o motor acelerar prá TOGA(2),cancela spoilers e auto-brakes porque acha que o avião ainda está voando sendo que vc já pousou e está tentando freiar o avião. Você olha a manete e ela está lá em idle!!!
And worse yet the computer orders the motor to accelerate for TOGA(2). Cancels the spoilers and auto-brakes because it believes that the airplane is still flying even though we already landed and are trying to brake the plane. You look at the TL and it is there on Idle.

O caso da TAM já é o quinto no mundo!!!
Tam´s case is the fifth in the world.

A ***** toda é que embora vc tenha todos os comandos manuais, se o tal do fly-by-wire estiver em pane e não te avisar, vc está fodido.
The whole sh... is that although you have all manual commands, if the so called fly-by-wire is failing and is not warning you, you are fuc... out.

E fly-by-wire inclui não só o side-stick, mas tbm os pedais, FREIOS!!!, nose-wheel stering, e todos os comandos de motor!!!
And the fly-by-wire includes not only the side-sticks but also the pedals, BRAKES!!!, nose wheel steering, and all the commands for the motor.

E o VNAV(3) desse avião é a coisa mais burra e retardada que já vi num avião na minha vida!!!
And the VNAV(3) of this plane is the dummiest and retarded thing that I have seen in a plane all my life!!!

Mas aqui tem o dia do Cala-Boca, (28), quando o salário entra direitinho e gordinho...
But here there is that shut your mouth day (28) when the salary come in straigh and fat...

Estou com 650 horas no avião e estou me sentindo um técnico eminformática, não um aviador. Com 650 horas no Boeing eu já estava criando umas peninhas nas asas e sentindo o maior prazer de voar.
I have 650 hours in the plane and I am feeling an expert in computers, not an aviator. With 650 hours in the Boeing I already was having some small feathers in my wings and feeling a great pleasure in flying.

Desculpem o desabafo, mas foi muito frustrante ter estudado pra caralho
Forgive me the catharsis, but it has been frustating studying so much.

Pra fazer esse último simulador e ver que isso não adianta muita coisa em se tratando de voar Airbus.Tirei lá a minha notinha boa, mas não me serve...
To do this last simulator and to see this did not help much insofar as flying Airbus. I had a good grade but did not help...

Mas vamo que vamo full operation...
But we will go for full operation...

O que importa é que a família está bem adaptada e a vida aqui é muito tranquila.
What matters is that the family is well asjusted and life here is tranquil.

Um grande abraço a todos e mandem algumas notícias.
A great embrace. Send me news.

(1) Thrust Lever Angle

(2) Take-off/Go-Around Thrust Setting!

(3) Vertical Navigation Mode.

Last edited by marciovp; 20th Sep 2007 at 00:19. Reason: Typo