PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: Qantas Long Haul Cabin Crew Eba8 Negotiations
Old 19th Sep 2007, 05:48
RedTBar
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are always some people who want to have the first model of a new car ,i-pod or new mobile phone.In the same way there will be crew who will want to work on the new aircraft.There are crew who love to be seen in the office hanging around or should I say sniffing around hoping that they will get the nod if there is a dedicated crew for the 380.
Some might say that it's the destinations that are important and not the money.
I think most crew don't care what equipment they are on (providing there is horoizontal crew rest), as long as they go where they want to, and all the teething problems should be sorted by the time we have a few A380's in the fleet.
This is missing the point especially with the new EBA.There are 2 points that need to be looked at.These are how many crew the company will want to operate the 380 with and how much our pay is.The new EBA is crucial especially if they want us to work more hours for less pay.
It doesn't matter if you are flying to London,Los Angeles or Launceston.You have to have enough money to live on.I know crew with J* and they almost have to have a second job or a well paying partner.Then there is the crew complement and if there are not enough crew to do the job then crew will give the 380 a big miss.
Destinations are OK while you are in a slip port but the reality is that you still have to pay a mortgage and other bills.The company as usual will be putting more spin on this than politicians during the Federal election.Real crew need more than a slip port.