PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Video footage of TAP A310 in extreme low flying turn at airshow
Old 18th Sep 2007, 22:52
CptSilva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

First of all i´m very unhappy with the rules of this thread, i´ve been told that a reply from a Portuguese user was removed and i saw is reply and it was not abusive of any kind.
What i think is abusive is the amount of replies judging the atitudes of that AirShow ( and check again definition of Airshow ) demonstration, 99% of you guys was quiet at home and not in the Portuguese Airshow, most of you state your opinion in a web based video where there is no real sensation about the real action in the Airshow, yes it was a low pass, but most of you think that you are in the top of aviation wisdom and you guys dont know that the demonstration was trained in an aproved simulator in diferent scenarios plus 50 hours in the aircraft, this was with the aproval of the Airline and it was a special thanks to the Airbus 310 fleet since they are being phase-out starting in November.
I dont see Red Bull Air race being judge in this Forum and the stunts are almost in the same level of skill, with the diference that the aircraft is diferent and if we are talking about safety the number of persons at the Portuguese Airshow was about 10% of the amount of spectators that you found in any Red Bull Air Race.
Please dont talk about something most of you guys dont have clue, and i say again if any of you guys some day in your life have to make a go around maneuver about 50ft over the runway and have to bank the aircraft like that most of guys would not make it.
Best Regards,
Paulo Silva ( Paulo17 do LDF orgulhosamente )