PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asia's budget airlines safety record
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2007, 21:07
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIDSTAR,
We are all aware of the low standards that exist in Indonesia but please don't tar all LCCs with the same brush.
And please don't tar all Indonesian carriers with the same brush too! It's unfair to the guys and operators that do care about safety... it's unfair to the guys who decided to sacrifice profits they could get had they yielded to their greed, and spent money on safety instead and has so far been rewarded in having no major mishaps! Heck, these guys self regulate better than the regulators!

Yet we get expats here who deliberately broke all procedures and safety measures (yes, they were JAR licensed aircrew) while they were here! Now would it be fair for me to tar their countrymen with the same brush?

By the way, they do end up on paved surface on a regular basis...

However, I do think that it's time everyone looks into the management's true opinion on safety? (I know one airline executive who said "safety is for my assets to be productive, to hell with lives!").

Metro Man,
You've been told wrong matey! Indonesian AOCs can take forever actually! If you know how I can obtain an AOC in a day, geez, tell me mate coz I want one! And my mates who's been churning their AOC application for the last 2 years despite having a bloody good safety plan may have been going to the wrong desk at the DGAC...
---

"Low Cost and third world" isn't a dangerous combination if it wasn't for one word that few would like to admit to... GREED (and slap another one... "EGO")

PK-KAR