PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We can do it! (Gulf Air)
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2007, 21:04
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left of - less pax but with the same number of aircraft!!! Some are just sitting.

S-ale - my point was even if your shed 1000 employees at 1000BD a month the savings, while not insignificant, don't come close (less than 10%) to covering the historical losses. So where does the other 90 million dinars come from????

Less routes, less flying does equal less loss. Which is why I believe there is a chance that GF may consolidate its fleet and try to MINIMIZE its losses while recognizing that making a profit is not likely.

Point8four - yup, leaving for EK. I really hope GF pulls up in time and things turn around. I am just not willing to risk a career on a company that has no strategic plan, a BOD with no knowledge of the industry and can't seem to decide which direction to go.

There is big downside risk to staying (and little upside) and little downside (lots of upside) risk to going to EK. With a family to support I have decided to move to the less risky option. I will leave GF with good memories!!!!!