PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do in Seoul Incheon?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2007, 18:34
gdiphil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Report back as promised

Once again thank you all for your suggestions. Much to my annoyance there simply was no time to do anything other than wander around the area of the hotel, the Seoul Royal Hotel before pickup to return to the airport. However I can clearly see that greybeard is right and in future I will build in time to see the sights. However the people I met were very pleasant indeed and I must make the effort to make a proper visit.
Phreegreens. The whole layover operation is efficiently handled and it is a good way to get to and from Australia from the UK. As for Asiana Airlines, I would have to say it is the best economy service in the sky these days. I have been flying since 1962 and all the airlines I have been with, including BOAC would have a hard time competing with Asiana. Terminal 1 LHR on a Tuesday evening was a pleasure to go through. The cabin crew were extremely pleasant thru-out all four flights to and from Sydney. The seat pitch is fantastic, at least 34 inches so plenty of legroom even with the seat in front reclined. I am an average 5'10" medium build bloke in his mid 50's and felt very comfortable at all times. It did help that on all flights I had a seat free next to me. The toilets were kept clean all the time, indeed I often saw a member of the crew go in and clean after passangers. The food is interesting, my first experience of Korean it must be said and the airline does not really make concessions to western tastes, but that added to the novelty. Full range of drinks, excellent coffee, very prompt service at all times. Can't advise on the IFE since I never use it, or very rarely I should say and did not on this occasion. I would strongly recommend using this airline and if the price is right I will do so in the future. Whilst in Incheon on the way out I made use of the shower facilities in the transfer lounge which is available for all passangers for the cost of US$9. All in all way better than using BA, QF, TG, SQ, JL, MH and Austrian Airlines, all of which I have used to Australia over the past 5 years.