PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotor Strike in the NT
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2007, 13:00
thekite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the honorific...

So I'm outed!
Of course you are right Sir HC. I indeed know only what I read in the papers, and am disinformed by the ATSB perhaps.
Why else do I use terms like perhaps, maybe and what if?
But do we not work these websites to learn what we may? and perhaps add a little to decrease our own ignorance.
And yes do go ahead and lambast my ignorance. For I do not know at all what happened.
Perhaps you are going to tell me that this is just some dumb ringer on a cattle station.
I might agree. I spent some years teaching (in the classroom, as I was grounded then) in NZ, shooters who wanted to be pilots, and Australian ringers who likewise wanted to be pilots.
I always saw the attitude that I was talking bull faeces, and a real Bush Bloke would just sort it out when the time came. If it ever did. A very different attitude to what I used to see in the cockpit, where real terror was always available as a training aid!
But the real problem was not stupidity, rather, ignorance and bull**** macho attitudes.
And yes I have seen ringers reef up the collective and only the poor little darling has yawed through 90 degrees do they mash in the full left Blunny!
(Not my students though)
So Sir HC, do go ahead. Elucidate. Why else do we write
thekite