PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Association Of Nigeria (aon) And Mma2
Old 17th Sep 2007, 20:54
Rani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVSEC, you're basically referring to slot system traffic movement, but still nomatter how you look at it the facility and ramp are quite smaller than anticipated. Bi-Courtney even suggested the GAT ramp will be used for its own remote parking at peak hours, even charging fees for said stands.
What I find puzzling is the gap between completion of this terminal and the (non)start of construction of the planned Terminal 3 (also Bi-Courtney). Terminal 2 took 4 years to build. At this rate the identical T3 wouldn't open before 2011! With current growth projections of 15% (conservative) and assuming no catastrophic crashes occur again, domesic passenger traffic will hit 6.0 million by 2011. Terminal 2 is said to accomodate 5 million pax/year. Would someone explain to me what's going to happen during 2010 ? I predict external checkin (a-la-Miami airport and Jetblue terminal JFK at times of crisis). Ikeja will have a new marketplace

Hopefully Bi-Courtney has acquired vital experience in terminal construction/management and will be able to deliver Terminal 3 sooner than 2011, but I wouldn't bet on it. VK and W3 are quite justified in holding tight on their MMA T1 space. They wouldn't want anybody else to snatch it in light of T2's modest scale.