PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2007, 16:05
dumdumbrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Servisair & stands

Well funny you should talk about Servisair, I was talking to one of my friends off my training course who is now based at Liverpool, and he has the same problem with them. We have a very tight turn around time, and is a big issue at the moment. Servisair has some very good staff but is let down by a group of teenagers who do a very poor job, and have no manners.

I take with me to the gate the 25 mins turn around sheet, which Serviseair have been given aswell, but still the rules are not follwed. . . Some of them don't see Ryanair as a customer, and have an attitude problem.

Also Ryanair don't use them that much really, STN is swissport which handle some 40 odd a/c, same with BHX, DUB we have our own staff. And actually do a very good job, well the ground staff not too sure about the checking staff, *personally I dont think the checkin staff should not wear the uniform most of them don't look after it, dirty, most look like the uniform hasn't seen the washing machine or iron for months, missing buttons, buttons not done up, tie pin not in correct place if at all. I mean if I walk in my crew room looking a mess, or uniform not perfect I would be told, sent home, and a note on my record. Just because we area low cost airline doesn't mean we can't take care and pride in our personally appearence

Room for Swissport to move in if it was to gain the Ryanair contract, will have 6 a/c come the end of next month, plus those flights coming from other bases such as DUB, SNN, ORK, MAD, ALC

Stands 7-12 I don't think that is enough anymore, that's only room for 5 a/c we will have 6 a/c come the end of next month, and another 2 a/c in the spring, the better choice is to extend the new pier south and sort out the issue of buses.

I see UKIA was flying again last night

***these comments about Servisair are my own and not those of Ryanair

- and a final note before people moan about the 25 min turn around and 20 mins door to door, Berlin do a very good job and sometimes even shorter than this, got to hand to the staff Berlin, do a great job

Lee