PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2007, 11:28
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has it been confirmed that Menzies are definitely not interested in the bidding for the Ryanair contract, and for the reason that they're too demanding? Remember that the EMA product for Menzies is born out of KISS which was a sub-brand dedicated to a low-cost environment. I can't imagine Menzies would be interested in the kind of contract where they have to give away free turnarounds, but they are competitive, handling airlines like easyJet, Jet2 and flybe. They do seem to have a chronic problem with having to wait around for coaches though, although if the rumours are true that Ryanair only wants stands 7 - 12 then that shouldn't be an issue. Are Servisair doing such a bad job anyway? Ryanair must have some faith in them because they seem to do most of the UK handling.

With all this Ryanair expansion I think the next six months is really going to be make or break time for the bmi group. The second ERJ and sixth 737 have long been rumoured but we could really do with them to try to protect some market share. On the other hand, expansion does not always equal profit, so for as long as we're ticking along nicely and I have a job, I've got no complaints!