PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2007, 08:58
mother hen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newnz

Hi there, you said you've now been at EK a year, well you must have started about the same time as my daughter? She has been there a year also, left 8th Sep, last year. I also can't believe how quickly that year has passed!

She was also in an hotel for the first few weeks, then moved into ****. She really loves it in Dubai now, but it did take her several months to get used to it.

So, to all you who are getting ready to fly to Dubai or are waiting for replies, good luck. But don't expect everything to be perfect right away. Alot of people get home sick, and as I said, it can take a while to settle in, but be patient, stick it out. you must try and give it at least 6 months to 1 year! If you don't like it after 1 year then you are never going to like it. I know if my daughter had been a quitter she would have been home by now, and would have missed out on all the wonderful opportunities she now has.

As I mentioned, she absolutely loves it there now and is certainly NOT ready to come home, he he.

Good luck to you all, and I hope your time at EK is a very happy one.

Best wishes,
mother hen.