PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get an Indian CPL without actually flying!!! Incredible...!!!
Old 17th Sep 2007, 06:09
NGFellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It can be said that you create the monster! The growth and opportunities for the Indian aviator has been great. It has caused everyone and their brother (literally) to want to become a pilot.

1. Anyone with an pilot uniform is called "Capt." It is perhaps the most annoying thing to hear, for those of us who have spent the last 25-30 years in aviation. When you elevate someone without proper experience and credentials you create the monster and they begin to feel, indeed, I am the Captain! Therefore now you are starting to create the monster.
I have seen the likes of arrogant F/O's (sorry that's what they are), mistreat ramp staff, hotel clerks, flight attendants. They got an ass chewing from me-- that was unacceptable on my watch! One F/O even refused to lift his bag and asked a F/A to do it. What a prick!

2. Flying--Oh that's what they were hired to do? There are good ones and bad ones just like any other place. They can quote you regs and SOP paragraphs but below 1000 feet with the autopilot off, look out--there goes the quality of the ride. 90% of them cannot fly a simple visual approach, and best of all, they have no concept of a runway centerline. They can only track the centerline when they are driving their car in Mumbai! Throw in a crosswind, rain and some gusty conditions and look out. And these are the guys who have been signed off for "Assisted T/O and Landings." Granted they only have 250 hrs, but hey you wanted to play with the big boys. And by the way many of the so called "senior" F/O's are just as scary (Mig drivers included). For many the touchdown zone is anywhere on the runway!

3. This young bunch is going to turn into the rudest, crudest bunch of incompetent pilots.