PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted need to do better
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 22:10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmmm...not my airspace but......

i dont work essex or stansted radar whichever you want to call it but i still have an opinion....

i always try and give transits and the like......i understand the VFR rules and the fact that we dont separate VFR and IFR aircraft......

however...and its not a moan or a rant but........there is a common belief amoungst PPL's (and i am one!) that they have a right to fly through class D airspace.

class D aispace is CAS which with permission VFR aircraft can enter etc. a heads up for most PPL's is that the controller working CAS is paid by, lets say NATS, for inbound and outbound aircraft from stansted or in my case gatwick. NATS gets paid from BAA for each respective airport to safely vector inbound and outbound aircraft to that airport, the costs are then passed onto the respective airlines......so who do PPL's pay for the service? the CAA? Nope NATS is part privatised?!

so when you do get a FREE transit of which there are many dont begrudge the controllers when you dont get one because 9 times out of 10 its because they are too busy......... and they are paid primarily for he traffic in and out of their respective airports.

safe flying....