PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 19:36
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If bmi regional adds a second Embraer to EMA, and it's been discussed since they took it away from the CDG route in 2005, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up serving one or two Star Alliance hubs. The problem with the obvious contenders like FRA or DUS, despite there being lots of transfer options and the main competitor to Star being flybe at BHX, is that slots are at a premium, and regional just can't get a workable schedule out there. I had heard ZRH being mentioned, and with Sterling looking like they're after the leisure market who knows if regional might be good for CPH.

Referencing Swissport UK, I just can't see it happening. As has been discussed already, last summer when Menzies were having a couple of growing pains, two handling agents believed to be Swissport and Aviance were invited to look round the airport. Even though the airport is growing, there just aren't enough contracts to sustain more than 2 handling agents. I think instead we're going to see the competition heat up between Servisair and Menzies.