PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Way Now?
Thread: Which Way Now?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 16:36
SmileAirlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackbirdcruiser,

It seems that you have made up your mind about your future in aviation industry.. Good on you!!

Since your first choice is the Air Force, it's better to gain some basic flying experience in local flying clubs. Going all the way to CPL is a bit overkill for Air Force.

Flying clubs in Senai are quite good. I gained my PPL from EFC couple of years ago and never regretted my decision. I chose EFC over Fras (JFC was inops during that time) because I have a friend who was with EFC at that time, furthermore I found that EFC ppl is more approachable than Fras. But after spending close to 10 months in Senai, I found both flying clubs are more or less have the same standards.

Another alternative is in Seletar. There are two flying clubs there, and although the cost is more expensive than Senai, but you'll save on travelling time and transport.

Simply put, if you can afford the travelling time, then Senai is a better choice. The training area around Senai is definitely better than training area alpha and bravo above Woodlands. And you will get cross country experience in Senai.

JA