PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 12:52
pilotdude09

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
how bout you do some time in the ing bush then try for a job at SA like the rest of us did
Think i really stated the question wrong. Of course i dont want/or expect to waltz into a job with an airline with 250 odd hours!, as much as i hate living in the "Bush" i love it as well, i mean the things you can see and you do actually have to fly to get somewhere and you can actually go places. The towns are starting to go ahead, Broome and Karratha in particular- so the bush isnt really that bad anyway, but then again if youve lived in a city all your life like some cadets etc your gonna struggle.

From what everyone says the Bush is the way to go and i dont want to be one of those people that looks great on paper but in reality?

Trying to find out what course is going to be the best for a new pilot that wants to have the best career one can have and everyone on this board should relate to that!

I always thought Skippers had a good fleet of aircraft, but obviously not and obviously have a hell of alot of disgruntled employees, but seriously if you dont like it why stay? that is what i cant work out. Theres a few threads earlier on in the thread that talk about the bush being better in pay and conditions, why stay with Skippers?-dont attack me for that but i would like to know the reason if you are so disgruntled why would you stay?

But no one actually answered my Q, is one of those courses going to help you get a leg in with skippers or even skywest later on once you have some multi?

But geez some people are quick on the ball to attack people around here, no wonder some dont go anywhere in their careers with attitudes and obviously some of you just got to where you are without considering which paths are better and going to give you a better job/career and which will get you there quicker.