PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get an Indian CPL without actually flying!!! Incredible...!!!
Old 16th Sep 2007, 10:14
ZFT
N4790P

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts
Anonymus6,

I'm an cargo airline pilot in US, before coming to my new company I use to instruct at a flight school that dealed with kingfisher cadets. So alot of those FO that you are sitting next to I trained them. These cadets can't fly for ****. The only thing they tried to do is bried me to fly with them more or sign them of for their checkride. And they stink (smell) so bad that it sucks. I hope you are not experiencing it . They are so inpatient that it is crazy. It is amazing that this guys are going to fly an Airbus 320 and they pretty much dont know anything, or have ever done an approach in actual weather. Anyway i think there will see a lot of accidents/incidents in india in the future, even though airbus and 737 NG is so easy to fly.

Anyway I hope I don't offend any Indian pilots about my opiniones, but it is what I experienced during my time as a flight instructor. But Indian students are very nice and they really listen to what you say.
I hope your post was after a few bottles of good red!!!

Come on, smelly, impatient, can’t fly for @#$%. Generalisations to a horrible degree.

I too am currently involved with Indian pilots (KFA, Deccan, Alliance and Jet) and in the past was involved with the IGRUA academy and I’ve met far more good than bad. It’s up to the CFIs/TREs to ensue that the poor students do not go any further without remedial training.

Whilst the sub continent certainly has problems due to the rapid expansion, there are some good people there. You really shouldn’t tar everyone with the same brush.

Aviation is only safe with the correct checks and balances and this is the regulatory bodies role.

So many posters recount horror stories. Be responsible and contact those bodies with your concerns. You post that you were an instructor. What actions did you take to improve safety?