PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted need to do better
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 10:11
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC

The issue is not about transit procedures, but efficiently dealing with requests.

The reason I call up with loads of time before reaching class D is so that I can take an alternative route without adding greatly to the flight time.
If I have the courtesy to do so, then I think the controllers can have the courtesy to indicate whether a transit will be likely, and if they want to ascertain early how I might fit in with their arrivals, assign a squawk.

At Stansted there must be many occasions when the controller has no intention of giving a transit. Fine. Own up and do so before we are left having to follow the edge of the zone because we thought a transit might be given.

Not only does that create a problem for the controller but also for the inbounds if you end up routing around the zone directly under the inbounds at top of class G.

Stansted is also the exception when on a number of occasiosn I have been offered a transit, having routed half way around the zone because it took that long plus the distance inbound to the edge of the zone before the controller could get his act together. Personally I would have been far to embarassed to have offered the transit by then. You might well imagine it was curtly refused on more than one occasion.

In short at the moment I stand by my original comment - pathetic.

Come on Stansted you need to do a whole lot better. I dont have a problem anywhere else including SVFR through Heathrow who are superb!
Please sort yourselves out.