PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I despise cessna 172's
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 09:04
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whirly, you really surprise me. You're normally a beacon in a landscape of ill-considered crap
Ooooo...I've never been called a beacon in a landscape of crap before!

FullyFlapped, I wasn't 100% serious...or not in the way it came over. I personally don't like the C172; I struggle to fly it because I can't reach things, and I find it rather boring when I do. So I just appreciated a whole thread designed to rubbish it; what fun.

But being serious and adult and with my "beacon in a landscape of crap" hat on, of course there's nothing wrong with it. Loads of people fly it, so there can't be. I'd just rather not be one of them, that's all.

I'm no longer at Sheffield, so why not come to Tatenhill for your trial lesson so that I can yell at you there!

But my biggest question for all: I always feel like the plane is flying me and not the other way around. My instructor told me I try too hard. It surely seems to fly just fine without much effort. Ive only learned that recently. Does that "touch" required come with time, or is this something I need to teach myself? And how does one do that?
Ah, yes. This often happens when you convert to a different aircraft. The trouble with converting from the C152 to the C172 is that it looks the same, it feels the same, people will tell you it's the same...and it isn't! It actually flies a bit differently and you need a conversion course and a bit of practice. Well, you do if you really, really want to fly it, anyway.

As you can all see, I can't seem to stop putting down the C172..but I'm trying, honest!