PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resignations at KA
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 01:32
FEArookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowkoon
I'm going by your logic and not looking for an argument, but then a lot of chaps that AREN'T on local pilot terms are also complaining and not leaving? So i guess it would be just as easy to say to them that they should also show some courage. In fact, wouldn't it even be easier for them to show courage and leave if HK is not their home?
Doing something about it? we pay for our rent or mortgage, by ourselves, nothing given by the company and the union would like some money. Unions have traditionally had little effect in HK and so it maybe a cultural thing, but why should one join? I mean on this forum there are many guys unhappy with the proposed package, and thats the MAJORITY view, our lot who are the MINORITY, aren't going to get much and leaving is the best option. Again, not an argument but it would be a good time now to sell the idea of why one should join the union, as I reckon this is your idea of doing something about it(please correct me if I'm wrong).
Nextly, rightly or wrongly, expats are complaining and its hard for locals to sympathise when one does not get housing or the 15% gratuity. So now we've got an option that is treating every pilot equally, and its base is our home, so we're showing the courage to go, but this was probably an option to ALL the KA DEP's because they had the hours to come here, or go anywhere in the world, including their home..so if you're going to standby your statement, I reckon it should be aimed at ALL pilots who are unhappy and are leaving because they're all showing the courage to take up change. Its even EASIER for expats to show courage since they are much more attractive with the hours and command time that they're probably required to have before joining here.
So i guess my point is, its not just locals who are complaining, but insult to injury when we're the ones who are pointed out for complaining when in fact we've probably got the worst package of the lot!
So if you've just like to rephrase and say that you'd congratulate EVERYONE whose grown some balls..