PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2007, 23:00
pennylane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do for the 6 month wait after you don't get through....:(

Hi guys,
I was hoping for some advice? I just attended an Open Day and sadly, did not make it past the first stage. Despite reading these forums, speaking to several friends who work for the company, preparing with great photos, updated customer service focused resume, and being attentive and polite, I did not get the call.

I'm disappointed of course, but not angry. With a recruitment process like that - and I understand why they have to do it that way with soooo many applicants - of course they are going to overlook excellent applicants. And whilst I don't believe that overall - EK are looking for a 'type', its very possible that on my day, they were looking for qualities, experience, attributes that I was low on. I also think the fact that I am a recent uni graduate with only casual work experience - no full time experience...may have worked against me?

But anyway, my question is: I plan to enjoy my time here as much as possible for the next 6 months. Approach all that I do with resilience and enthusiasm, but how do I best use the 6 months to prepare for the next Open Day? What kind of work experience should I get? Is full time good? Should I work on my grooming and deportment? Is work experience a good idea?

If anyone has ANY ideas, I would be extremely grateful!!!

Many thanks,
and best wishes to those who did get through of course!!!