PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin hours light aircraft experience, your views.
Old 15th Sep 2007, 10:27
FlyingNikonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having flown a fair bit of light-twin myself (500+hrs ME and most of it P1), I'm not so sure about the value of those hours any more.
The better part of them in a BN2 and para-ops, but also a fair amount of IFR P1.
Most of the operators I've been in contact with, frown at the hours built in para-ops, and honestly, I can't understand why!?
At times it is much harder to stand firm in your professional and safe attitude towards flying, in an enviroment that is notoriously "drop-zone-minded", than it is when you're working together with other pro's.
Skydivers have a tendency to be a little "relaxed", when it comes to making that go/no-go decision and putting safety first.
( Free-flyers are the worst! Especially those that exit in a head-down and stay that way until it's time to pull. )

Now, don't get me wrong here....
Para-flying is great fun, but you can't make a living out of it!
It can also be, contrary to popular belief, a demanding type of flying. Especially if it's in a larger para-club, with a long list of jumpers, waiting for their slot.
They usually don't look kindly on delays,....no matter the reason!!

P.S Should anyone have an idea of any operator in need of drivers, please feel free to PM me!! (I fulfill the SP IFR req's, and then some!) D.S

Last edited by FlyingNikonian; 15th Sep 2007 at 14:49.