PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPs condemn 'appalling' service accommodation
Old 15th Sep 2007, 06:41
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a bit twitchy on the old trigger finger, this may have been the better place for this, and not the Typhoon thread. I never fail to be appalled by how badly we treat those who are so unfailing in their service to us, and how we allow it to happen. Honestly, I'd turf the whole lot of the spineless, two faced, subservient, self serving wan#ers out and start all again. The EU can take its policy on immigration (delete 'immigration' insert 'just about anything' and stick it up its arse. When are we going to have a g'ment which places greater emphasis on our soldiers than it does illegal immigrants? And when are we going to have a set of leaders that stands up for 'us'? This makes me so angry.

Al R said, rather crossly, on the Typhoon thread:

I wonder what the current RAF board of directors will say about it. Just as the BBC has been given a board of governers and over see'ers to see that it is run properly, perhaps the MoD needs the same. Perhaps the Defence of the Realm is a little too important to be entrusted to a few pilots. Perhaps we are too reliant on poodles and potential authors. I wonder if institutionaly induced weariness plays a part in this never ending demonstration of obsequiosness?

I listened to the Ambassador to Moscow last night, on 4. He told us how the current Russian intrusions into British Aerospace were nothing to worry about and that they were really a great bunch of lads. Great, we have paper clip sufflers now, getting in on the act. Perhaps we should just close the MoD down then? The Amabassador to Moscow says its alright so by all accounts, we won't need the jets to see them off anyway.

It won't end with Typhoon either, lets not fool ourselves on this. The g'ment won't be happy until its all gone, or has all been rationalised to a few idiots sharpening paper clips, by which time of course, those responsible will be dribbling from their mouths as they sip soup. Chaps. If the web can save the lads in Headley, if the Legion is raising merry hell about the Covenant, then maybe its up to us to save the Typhoon, and who knows.. call those w#nkers who are currently allowing this country to be left undefended and overstretched, and the serving and injured troops to be treated so badly, to account.

I wonder if Torpy and the rest of the brass live in these conditions? The sound of their silence is deafening. If they're good behind a stick, fine.. get back to flying.. but if you're no good behind a desk sirs.. move over.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6993931.stm