PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Job UK
Thread: Police Job UK
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2007, 18:55
ScrumpyLuvver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers.. Free lunches I have never had, nor never expect but that will never stop me trying for one lol!!

Kalif, thank you for the positive stuff.. I have had a good deal offer from Base4 in Cape Town so hopefully I will scrape together enough for PPL(H) in Jan/Feb pre house sale so I can be sure it's all good.. and if it is, Start CPL(H) FI IR path in June July.. ish

Jetmax's stuff has been really helpful and being the pragmatic chappy I am, very real. From 0 - CPL(H) and now 1300hrs and working 3 yrs later.. I like them biscuits.. and kudos too the guy he didn't hide the hardships in the middle..

Care to comment on Cape Town as a choice?

After research I was thinking,

Mountains
Coast
Busy ATC
Unpredictable Weather
Variable terrain
and Free accom.. (Friends living there lol)
+ enough money left over for JAA Conv if I have to come back straight away and a few Uk hrs (20 - 30ish depending on how far I have to tuck into my contingency fund of 20% on top of all projected costs) to build xp and hopefully the trust and realtionships needed to find work.

If not.. well I have lost nothing important.. Gained everything and it will be office hrs and hrs building until I get a job flying..

Does that all sound right or are you all laughing at my incredible naivety?? :-))

Anyway, sorry for the thread change, I am slapping my wrists right now...