PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Traffic Control Training Around the World
Old 14th Sep 2007, 18:41
wlatc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for Participating

I'm delighted to note the professionalism and competence finding a home on this thread. I believe it will become a resource for all of us in the ATC training field.
- Conflict Alert: certainly your thoughts are welcome here. Your experience has no doubt given you unique insights into ATC training. We look forward to your input.
- Chillie: You are correct in noting that in many respects, nothing changes. I suppose nothing ever will change, either, unless folks like us take action.
- Mr. Pig: We do use part tasks in the US - sort of. Rather than teach and solidify knowledge, our part tasks often lump together many different skills rather than build one-at-a-time. I believe this is because our training is so compressed that time doesn't permit such a methodical, step-by-step approach. We flood the trainees with information and hope enough sinks in to get them through their evaluations (which about 96% do). It ain't pretty, but it seems to be working!