PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are your rudest pax?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2007, 17:16
Virginia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I once had an angry business man throw his bag at me because it woudn't fit in the overhead.

He was last on the plane, very grumpy and stressed and I was Cabin Crew No 3 standing by the overwing in my boarding position. I smiled at him and said hello and he just glared at me and barked 'where can I sit?' It was a late Friday evening flight to Glasgow, so as you can imagine we were pretty full of tired people in suits wanting to go home. It was the 3rd sector for us.

He found a seat and then wouldn't stow his huge case with his laptop in-he wanted it on his lap. I explained nicely that it would have to be stowed for landing and take off. He snapped 'why?' so I explained for safety reasons and he said 'well if we crash we'll die anyway,' or something like that.

The Purser was really nice and saw I was struggling so came over to help me. I went to find space in the overhead locker and the only space was right at the back of the plane. He then THREW his bag at me (clever move seeing it had his laptop in) and told me to stick it up my a**. Smooth or what? Lukily being a ballet dancer I'm pretty quick on my feet

He got offloaded. The other pax were really nice and shocked by his rudeness.

My point is that passengers like that can be found on any route. Every country has such rude people.

And I was polite to him as you can see, didn't reply in a heated way to his comments as I thought that would inflame the situation. I always think by being polite to the rude person you have the moral high ground. It didn't make that pax any less horrible but at least he didn't get even angrier.

I have also had pax comment on my job eg 'why don't you get a better job love and do something with your life?'
Me: *Big smile* "Oh I have a degree actually. I'm doing this job as it's fun and I get to travel."

These sorts of comments annoy me A LOT, who are you to comment on my profession?