PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are your rudest pax?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2007, 16:34
javafox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a pax snap his fingers at me on the plane. It was NRT-DTW, but the flight, and about 80% of the pax count, originated in MNL. I found those flights especially difficult, because there were so many cultural differences between crew and pax, and the FA/pax ratio was so low (or high? no, low; what I'm trying to say is that there were not very many FAs for how full the plane was). Plus so many pax has SO MANY carry on bags, most of which I thought should have been checked (they were so big! I never understood how they were allowed on in the first place). Overhead compartments would fill up when only about half the passengers had boarded, and I found it very stressful telling people they had to check their bags, because my Tagalog is nonexistent (our interpreters only spoke Japanese), and sometimes the pax's English was about as good as my Tagalog.

When I was flying I generally tried to avoid going to Florida. I found those flights very stressful, for many of the same reasons above: too many carry on bags and not enough space for them; too few FAs for the quality of service I wanted to provide to a full plane. I also didn't like the layovers - hot and humid are not my thing!