PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin hours light aircraft experience, your views.
Old 14th Sep 2007, 13:05
Finals19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair comment Snoop, but you won't find tons of people who fly light twins for life and never transition up to button pushing cozy flight decks.

In response to the original poster, getting twin hours and some twin PIC time in a commercial op can only help your profile. I think I am safe in saying that light twin flying, which can often be cargo etc, is VERY demanding, all the more so if you are single pilot IFR op'd (Beech...care to confirm?!) I was lucky enough to rack up 800 hours combined in FO/PIC roles on a PA31 where we operated two crew (due to local area terrain, aka mountainous) and the command decision experience learning curve was huge. Hopefully it will be a selling point once I have finished my ATPL licence conversion here in the UK.

If you can get in with a company, even as FO or part time ground duties to build those hours, then go for it. You certainly have your work cut out in a light twin when the wx are down in the wee dark hours, but you'll come out better for it.

Best of luck!