PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for ANA
Thread: Flying for ANA
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2007, 12:57
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry TXairAMBdrv that things didn't worked out for you due to the medical procedure.
On regards to your comment about the regional guys having trouble, I don't know where you got your information but If I may make a comment your information is incorrect. First, there aren't very many former regional pilots in the company operating the 767's(IE with experience in nothing larger than a regional Jet that is) There is one captain on the line and I'm the second one going through line training now. My sim partner was also a former regional driver and we both passed our training with no problems so you are talking about three TOTAL and all three of us passed our training.
I agree that your flying has to be up to par, that is true but I don't know if you where talking about regional guys taking Interviews and not doing well maybe?

Days off: On this regard there are only 10 days off and you are to commute on your days off, this is correct. But I just want to make an observation that you can choose to take your vacation days in a monthly basis and increase your days to 12 a month BUT THAT IS IT! The rest of the time you are in duty in Japan

I don't have any first hand experience with the other companies that operate the Q400 and the CRJ's so I'm not going to comment about Angry and Nihon's comments but in the 767 side, I've been very impressed so far and the crews are as nice a people as you will find (Ishi59 is a fine example)

Good luck to all