PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 14th Sep 2007, 12:29
jordanpolonijo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
University and Degree Advice:

Inevitably like so many on here I hope to one day become a commercial airline pilot but right now I am deciphering which degrees to apply for as my UCAS is due in by my college on the 1st November.

I was after advice on which undergraduate course would put me in a strong position for FTO acceptance after graduation. I am wondering what course is best to give me all the knowledge, understanding, skills and improve my apptitide through flight practice ( maybe PPL ).

So far i have researched the following courses:

Leeds- Aviation Studies with Pilot Studies
Brunel- Aviation Engineering with Pilot Studies
City- Aviation Management with ATPL
Kingston- Aviation Studies for Commercial Pilot Training with BSC top-up
Queen Marys UCL - Aerospace engineering , Avionics
Loughborough- Aerospace Engineering

Also with the engineering degree i wondered if studying to M.eng level would be benefical in the long run.

Any advice from people who have taken similar type courses or have/or still are studying on these courses would be greatly beneifical.

At the moment i sway toward the Leeds course as i have a friend who graduated fromt here with a Bsc and PPL and is now on the c2c Cadet programme. Following that I am very interested in the two engineering courses.

Many thanks