PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resignations at KA
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2007, 09:24
Lowkoon

Location: HK- A little bit of industrial China in every breath you take.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fearookie, agree with everything you have said. Lets look at some facts, you can count on one hand the ammount of locals who joined KA with the minimum requirements to fly for Dragon, so in effect, this is their "GA", this is their training ground. Probably why they dont get the same salary. (Note I didnt say 'deserve'). They deserve the same salary when they have at least the minimum requirements expected of new hire expat FO's. Not before. I think thats fair. But they dont get the same pay, nor have they done much about it either. The only real option available to them, if they want to improve their lot, is to leave. We are talking about a pilot group that the majority wont join the union as it may appear 'unfavourable' to the company.

I will stand by what I said. It takes some Kahunas to stand up for yourself, and do something to change your lot. These guys are leaving the company that gave them their start in aviation, and it doesnt matter how you want to say it, that takes guts or balls or courage the likes of which we havent seen until now. We are finally seeing some of the boys doing this instead of waiting for miracles, and I applaud them for growing some balls and doing something, instead of just complaining that they are being treated like second rate citizens. Or if you would prefer me to say, "I applaud their courage".

Hope that clarifies my opinion for you.